This year there were two entries that caught our attention. The first CO-OP Halloween combines a playful childlike spirit with clean modern design to create a truly memorable pack. The second Tul Pro from Office Depot combines contemporary design with premium finishes to create a brand that would feel at home next to Apple or Tesla.
- RETAILER: CO-OP
- COUNTRY: UK
- CATEGORY: B4. Holiday Or Limited-Edition
- AGENCY: Equator Design
- Brand Manager: Brooke Fletcher
- Account Manager: Tony Hornby,
- Art director/Designer: Glyn Robinson, Stephen Reilly
Co-op’s Halloween re-design gave us the frightful challenge of making the brand’s seasonal products look fun and engaging, and of course, spooky. To suit Co-op’s compact display areas instore, the packaging and POS called for eye-catching design, without being tacky or cartoonish. Becoming fully immersed in Halloween, and calling in enthusiasts from the stateside studios (after all, Halloween is serious business in the US), We created a monster mash-up of creepy characters, led by its monster star, “Mummy”.
To add a touch of refinement to the ghoulish gallery, the design’s graphical styling utilized a bold punch of color for the central figure, standing out from a midnight-blue background. What a treat it was when Co-op later decided to develop new products utilizing the full mash of monsters, including Mummy, Pumpkin Head and Bare Bones.
TUL Pro Pens
- RETAILER: Office Depot Office Max
- COUNTRY: United States
- CATEGORY: H7. Office
- AGENCY: Office Depot
- Brand Managers: Rachel Tibor & Josie Sandoval
- Creative Lead: Danielle Stella-Fischer
- Design Manager: Marjolijn Elbert-Chung
- Production Designer: Terry Coffy
- Print Manager: Sharon Gross
The minimalistic design and premium finishes are what defined this packaging design. The raised spot UV contrasts with the matte soft-touch finish and creates an elevated premium experience.